Dec 18, 2006
2006-12-17-1030 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this morning
December 17th, 2006 in the 10:30 service.
Scripture Ref: Luke 2:8-14; II Corinthians 9:15; Col. 1:20
- You don't get something from Jesus, you get Jesus
- Shalom- Hebrew for the all encompassing gift of Jesus, 4 definitions
- Peace, to be complete (intruder, sin must be removed to have peace)
- Payment, Jesus bought back peace
- People remove themselves from the world, hide in church, but we should all "go out among them…"
- Doctors often specialize in one thing, Computer geeks, something is wrong when we have interest in only one area
- We are to enjoy this earth that God has given
- Narrow scope of thinking can keep you out of the marketplace where sinners are; we are the light of the world; live life in front of them
- Christians in politics: believers should be light in dark places
- Shalom: God be praised, to learn, productivity
- Turn worship into works for Him
- Youth Choir raised $ to but gifts for inmates to give to their children