May 28, 2012
2012-05-27-0830 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this
morning May 27th 2012 in the 8:30 service.
Scripture: Ephesians 6:5-9; Matthew 7:1-3
- How to act when you’ve lost your freedom (bondservant)
- Whatever good you do will come back to you
- Find something to do that challenges you; discover the depths of the power of Jesus Christ in you
Story of Tully Blanchard... you haven’t worked out till you vomit
- Standing still is not biblical
- Didn’t know what a hero our dad was till he died (military records). Life is about moving on... put those days behind
- Man released from incarceration after false accusation of rape... ready to move on
- You can’t get yesterday back; don’t live in bitterness; God is sovereign. Trust Him.
- God orders my steps and my days but I determine the quality of life I have... I make the decision to be happy, to do good, to be a slave or free
- Your happiness is not dependent on your health or how people treat you, but on how much faith you have in God
- The power of forgiving and of asking forgiveness
- Be kind to people and do good works, not venomous and biting, vengeful, sensitive
- People are unpredictable, disloyal, moody, and inconsistent; I’m that way too. I’ll treat you the way I want you to treat me.
- Armies of Israel came upon a carcass and stopped and looked at it; just walk around it
- Move around what lies in your path; let nothing impede progress
- 3 things happen when you’re in Christ: birth, death and resurrection
- Forgive. Judge not: rarely do we have all the facts
- If you are strict with people, God will be strict with you; if you’re willing to give somebody a second chance, you’ll get one also
- Don’t stand still and try to straighten people out.