Jan 31, 2011
2011-01-30-0830 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this morning January 30th, 2011 in the 8:30 service.
Scripture: Luke 8:12-15; I Timothy 4:1-2; II Thessalonians 2:10; I Corinthians 6:9-10; Hebrews 10:26-27
- We have a lot of religion but little commitment to Jesus
- Where do we stand with God? Salvation is bearing fruit every day
- Sometimes I get scared when I read the Bible; we should be somewhat fearful
- Parable of the sower: seed on rocky ground... those who believe for awhile...
- Saved people keep, obey, learn and search the Word
- Some depart because they start listening to deceiving spirits
- People don’t want to be convicted; conviction is a gift from God
- We fail to take the Bible seriously... become too familiar
- This is about loving God, truth, righteousness; we must hate everything evil
- Love the truth or eventually reject the truth
- It is possible to have head knowledge with no heart relationship
- We get caught up with the here and now rather than the there and then
- David fell when he took his eyes off the Lord
- Are you double-minded?
- Parents are following their kids to church; maybe there’s no conviction “over there”
- Stay before God and allow Him to convict or you’ll start tolerating sin
- Adulterers, homosexuals, liars... in the pulpit; God hasn’t changed His mind about sin
- If I willfully sin then there is no longer a sacrife