Apr 30, 2012
2012-04-29-0830 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this
morning April 29th 2012 in the 8:30 service.
Scripture: I Samuel 22:1-2; 30:1-6; Luke 10:17-21; 9:55-56; Isaiah 55:3
- How does God treat people He really loves?
- David finds himself hunted, living in a cave, joined by all who were in distress
- You will be removed from comfort, from where you think you are serving God. All you think you’ve done for Him seems forgotten, but it’ll be God that does it to you
- The things that excite us and those that excite God are miles apart
- Don’t rejoice in your ability but in that He did it for you when you least deserved it
- God put David in this situation not to teach him faith, but seasoned faith
- God doesn’t use arrogant faith. Seasoned faith doesn’t have to stomp and yell and proclaim but is a quiet, determined confidence that what God promised He will do
- Christian television and arrogant faith; youthful faith is independent faith
- Any faith that is not seasoned is presumptuous faith
- Jesus did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them
- God let David go live with the enemy; He may let other go live with the enemy, but He doesn’t leave them there
- We turn people out, write them off... let God be God
- David was left with nobody but God; our strength must come from God.
- Sure mercies (what He did for David, He’ll do for me)