Jun 28, 2010
2010-06-27-1800 Josh Livingston is the speaker for this Sunday
evening June 27th, 2010.
Scripture ref: Colossians 2:2-10; Romans 12:1-2
- Relationship with Jesus was what parents told, pastor
preached... not a miraculous transformation of the heart
- Growth is not an event.
- We go sermon to sermon without seeking God for growth ourselves
- Surround yourself with people who'll grow with you and encourage
- We have to be strengthened while working to accomplish more
- What matters is that I have a personal relationship with Christ that no one can take from me
- If you can't minister in your own home you’ll have no ministry outside the home
- Practice what you know. Let God use your past experiences
- Lays potato chip commercial "Can't eat just one." Can't just show up and get a blessing and leave, must wait and let God work
- “You can't win if you don’t transform” (son with transformers)
- Dig in, get dirty, roll your sleeves up and let God use you.
- We must present ourselves to God, separate from the world, allow Him to transform our minds/hearts, demonstrate His love to others