Dec 31, 2007
2007-12-30-1030 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this morning
December 30th, 2007 in the 8:30 service.
Scripture Ref: I John 4:17-19; 2:1
- We love people because we've seen them, but we do not see God.
- He loved us before we loved Him, found me and saved me
- Fear and torment: we focus on our failures, not on what He’s done
- He died so we could know that we have relationship with the Father
- Growing up in fear "if I die today…"
- God is long suffering, keeps us in His hand
- We're torn between flesh and spirit
- I will not pay penalty for sins but there are consequences
- People fight daily; desire for alcohol, latent homosexual tendencies, vengeance, lust; there is no total sanctification in this life
- You won’t win every battle
- How did I get here?
- Parable of the pearl, worthless, unclean to the Jews, created out of pain
- We must believe, accept, receive the love of Christ; not based on merit