Feb 20, 2006
2006-02-19-1830 Pastor Loran Livingston talks this evening February
19th, 2006 in the 6:30 service about Religious Bondage.
Scripture Ref: Ephesians 1:7-12; Colossians 2
Topic: Religious Bondage
- We have an inheritance through Jesus (we are complete in Him) which Satan cannot steal, but he will try to cheat us out of joy
- Infection of Religion-a twisting of truth and faith into manmade ideas, practices that control people
- When you add anything to Jesus, you fall from grace
- Bondage in Catholicism, Mormonism, Pentecostal
- Personal convictions become church law (hair, make up, jewelry)
- People deciding they are Jewish; the O.T. is a shadow of the N.T.
- Church is biblical; we need spiritual authority for nurturing and growth
- Gnosticism-higher knowledge through dreams, visions, etc.
- Preacher who said he had a vision (vision was from Revelation)