Oct 18, 2007
2007-03-17-1900 Steve Wright, former Pastor from Providence Christian
Center (also known as "The Hotdog Church") of San Francisco is the
speaker for the 7:00 Wednesday evening March 17th, 2007. Steve has
recently joined the staff of Central Church of God.
Scripture Ref: Matthew 6:25-34; Hebrews 13:8; Exodus 16; Lamentations 3:22; Philippians 4:6-7
- Many worry constantly about troubles coming, finances, children, etc.
- Sometimes we need to embrace our troubles
- We cannot serve two masters; worry tries to take center stage
- We reinforce worry, worry is selfish, tries to do without God
- When father found out he was dying, learned to enjoy each moment
- Manna for Israel; enough for the day
- Jet Blue flight 292-watching your own demise
- You get in trouble by falling in love with tomorrow, miss the moment
- Worry explodes on people on around you when you snap
- Catching monkeys; all they need to do is let go to be free