Jun 26, 2006
2006-06-25-0830 Sunday morning 8:30 service. Dr. Paul Conn, president of Lee University is
the speaker for this morning.
Scripture Ref: Philippians 2:12-13, 5-11; Ephesians 2:10
Topic: Work of the Lord
- A favorite childhood scripture -“work out your own salvation,? misunderstood scripture to allow him to live his own way for God
- This should challenge us to take responsibility and remind that God who gives us the desire, will also give us the power to live for Him
- Philippians abandons the pretense of victorious living, but still written with joy and optimism
- Take the responsibility to work out the salvation given to you
- God gives more than salvation, a unique individual place in kingdom
- God is at work in you and will achieve results, don’t give yourself too much credit or blame.
- Accounting major at Lee called to missions (Dee Lavender), onset diabetic coma, died in Panama. Called to mission during sermon.
- Brother (neuro-physiologist) told by lady in church to call Paul about Rom. 14:12. Confirmation to Dr. Conn on sermon he was to deliver.
- God will give the desire and the power to do as He has called
- People these days move on, from marriages, jobs, churches, but God will reestablish desire in long term commitments.