Jan 19, 2015
2015-01-18-1030 Pastor Tony Arnett is the speaker this morning
January 18th, 2015 in the 10:30 AM service.
Scripture: 1st King 18:30; Revelation 2:2-4; 1st Peter 1:15; Hebrews 11:1; Romans 8:25-26; 1st Corinthians 13:4-6
- Religion has taken the place of relationship with our Savior.
- Repent is the thing in the past.
- We must get back to the basic. We have lost our first love.
- There are 5 things we should do to get back to the basic:
- (1) Rediscovering the Alter – 1st King 18:30 we must go to the alter and bring our sin; lay it down at Jesus feet. The Holy Spirit will destroy them.
- (2) Rediscovering the Holiness – 1st Peter 1:15 being holy is a life style. Walk hand in hand with God every day.
- (3) Rediscovering Faith - Hebrews 11:1 Faith is a confident trust; it is not tangible.
- (4) Rediscovering Hope – Romans 8:25-26 we must wait patiently on the Lord. Whatever we want or need from the Lord we must wait patiently.
- (5) Rediscovering Love – 1st Corinthians 13:4-6 Love never fails. Three kinds of love are: Brotherly love, affectionate love and agape love.
- Unconditional love comes from God. The closet love that Christ has for us is that of a mother’s love but still far from the love of God.