Jan 21, 2013
2013-01-20-0830 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this
morning January 20th 2013 in the 8:30 service.
Scripture: Hebrews 1:5-6; 11:16; John 1:12; Galatians 4:6; I John 3:1-2
- Funhouse mirrors distort who you really are
- Who have you allowed to define you? The world? The Church? You? Moral Failure? (Doubting Thomas)
- Jesus never let anyone define who He is.
- It doesn’t matter what they say about you, even if it’s true. When Jesus saves you, none of that is a factor anymore
- I know who my father is and who I am in Him
- In the world you have to do before you are, but in the kingdom you are something before you ever do anything
- “... my beloved son in whom I am well pleased”
- Using any other mirror, you will have a wrong conception of who you are; we’re looking at ourselves through twisted mirrors
- God doesn’t define you; He identifies you.
- Now I am a child of God; I will never be fixed, but I will always be His