Jun 25, 2012
2012-06-24-0830 Pastor Loran Livingston is the speaker this morning June 24th 2012 in the 8:30 service
Scripture: II Chronicles 7; Psalm 51:16-17; Romans 12:1-2; Hebrews 13:15-16
- After prayer of dedication at Solomon’s temple fire consumed the offering and sacrifices and the glory of the Lord filled the temple.
- When the glory fell, the priests could not enter... represent religion, a manmade device that becomes a substitute for a real relationship with a living God
- When you pray the glory will fill you and religion cannot get in
- Religion is as dangerous as sin. Prayer reignites a passion for God
- When we pray, we don’t act out of obligation but generosity
- Jesus became the last blood sacrifice, but we do offer sacrifices.
- David, a man of God, came to repentance, was broken hearted, felt remorse
- Sacrifice of a broken and contrite heart: not enough brokenness over sin today, too much tolerance
- Sacrifice of my body: His house, the temple of the Holy Spirit. I cannot go on sinning, doing whatever my body wants
- Sacrifice of Praise: we need to speak it. We go on trying to remedy someone else’s problem. Lay it on the altar and thank God. Don’t let it steal your joy
- Sacrifice of doing good and sharing: God delights in this and is well pleased.