Jul 14, 2008
Rice, Pastor from the Great Lakes Region of the Church of God
is the guest speaker for 6:30 Sunday evening July 13th, 2008.
Scripture Ref: Hebrews 12:1-4; Mark 10:46-50; Philippians 3:13-14; 1John 1:9; 2:1
- The real test of Christianity is not how we begin, but how we end
- It is one thing to be challenged, another to accept the challenge and move toward the goal (story of marathon challenge)
- Article "Who is Really Qualified?" the disciples unqualified as are we
- Turn away from everything that will challenge the progress of Christ in our lives
- We fail to follow through, to do business
- Story of couple in Atlanta, "tell me anything in my life-I'll lay it aside"
- Blind Bartemeus threw aside his coat because it might impede his progress toward Jesus
- Some good things may be a weight
- We must forget our past sins, failures and bad breaks